Wednesday, July 05, 2006

REPOST: dark space...


Repost ko lang... nakita ko lang kasi sya when I was browsing through my archives...
FYI, I am no longer connected with CUP now. hehehe. medyo nawalan ng sense tong essay na to after 4 months of stay sa CUP. hehehe. dahil, bumalik ako sa comfort zone ko... with a reason of... PERA-PERA lang yan...

===============================================

I was asked to write an essay for an english class, the theme is If I am Not Connected with CUP Today, where Would I Be?

and this is what i came up with:

Change is inevitable in life. Adjustments and uncertainties are part of change, which makes it more difficult to cope with it. In my case, leaving my comfort zone was always the hardest first step to consider every time a better opportunity crosses my path. A better opportunity most of the times just means change and higher compensation, but is higher compensation enough? I am still young and in the formative years of my career life that is why it is never enough. I am in that stage where I should be exploring my talents and potentials to the best extent it can reach. That’s the very reason why I feel so stuck when I decided to stay in my comfort zone and wait where the tides of life will lead me. Lack of professional experience, master of none and a confused soul was never a good combination in getting anywhere. I am very far from achieving any of my goals. I don’t have enough exposure to support my desire career direction. I am like a kid trapped in a dark place where I don’t want to move an inch in the fear of getting lost. I was in that place when CUP suddenly opened a door of opportunity for me. With the light streaming inside this little space, I am no longer frightened to move. I can now see the direction where I should be heading to, leaving my comfort zone is no longer an issue because this opportunity given to me is ushering me towards that certain place where I want to be.

A little too emotional for an essay, huh?

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

ganun ata talaga kapag driven by emotions, ang thoughts or moves nagbabago kapag nag subside na yung emotions.

1:22 PM  
Blogger binx said...

o, anong drama to? pengeng pera!

honestly, i haven't given my career much thought. guess i'm way too comfortable to be thinking of rocking the boat. i'm keeping my professional life as simple as possible.

2:31 PM  
Blogger Yoyce said...

nyak hindi po sya drama... nirepost ko lang. nagtitingin tingin kasi ako ng old posts ko e. :D hehehe.

natuwa lang ako kasi parang ang ganda nang pagkakasulat ko nung essay at saka parang hindi ako ung nagsulat. :D hehehe

3:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home